High Performance Healthcare
Can healthcare be high performance?….. Yes
Should Healthcare be high performance?…… Most of the time
What do you think about when you think about high performance healthcare?
If you’re anything like the me who started out their healthcare career the first thing that pops to mind is probably a really high level of clinical skills. If I’m being honest it’s still often the thing that pops into my mind first because of the way the health system conditions us.
Clinical skills are important but Liam Caswell joins us to discuss why you’ll never attain high performance if that’s all you focus on, and where true high performance comes from. The answers might surprise you (but after you’ve heard them you’ll probably say “Oh yeah, that makes sense”).
This conversation covers a range of topics including
- Why we need support to achieve high performance
- How great healthcare teamwork is an art
- Where social programming in healthcare holds us back
- Searching for our clinical identity
- The importance of doing the inner work
- Looking after our mental health
- The power of hugs
- Creating psychologically safe workspaces
- Stepping into leadership positions
- What hold us back from seeking out leadership positions
- Why we shouldn’t focus on the How
- Collecting all the certificates
- Why it’s dangerous to stay in our comfort zones