Who teaches us how to care?
As health professionals we learn the “health” side of healthcare from textbooks, and lectures, and reviewed practice. BUT has anyone ever taught you the Care side? Or has it just been assumed that you have it, or worse, not considered at all?
I’m joined by Ben Lynch of Clinic Mastery to talk about how we can practically work on the Care component of our practice. It’s not easy, but it pays dividends, for the people we serve, ourselves, and for the businesses we work in.
Today we talk through
- The ACT of caring
- frameworks for caring
- Helping our patients feel safe
- Empathy mapping
- Learning how to care
- Understanding how we want our patients to feel, then creating the conditions to achieve that
- Mapping out a journey of care
- How healthcare leaders can develop their people
- Why it’s important you care for your team as well as caring for your patients