Sleep, Treat, Perform, Repeat – Performance Healthcare
Delivering healthcare happens in a fast paced, often high stress and high stakes environment. The pressure is on us as providers to perform day in and day out to deliver high performance healthcare.
Just like athletic performance doesn’t just come down to how well the person catches, throws, or passes. Healthcare performance isn’t just the technical skills that we’ve learned, it goes so far beyond that. It’s the way that we prepare and show up to deliver our care.
I’m joined by David Clancy, a father and husband, and also physiotherapist to multiple high performance athletes and host of the fantastic “Sleep, Eat, Perform, Repeat” podcast, to talk through the traits we should be looking to develop to be high performers in the healthcare world.
We talk through
- The three traits high performers share
- How to develop these traits
- Trainable practices for developing curiosity, presence, and a learning mindset
- Where ego serves us and where it impedes us
- How we can range out from our profession